The Member of Parliament (MP) for Sissala West Constituency, Patrick Alhassan Adamah has assured the residents that he would support the construction of a technical and vocational training school for the constituency.
He made this commitment following numerous concerns raised by the chiefs and people of the Sissala West District during the annual New Year get-together on the need to establish a technical and vocational training institution in the district to support the youth acquire practical skills.
Addressing the Gwollu Chief, Kuoro Kuri Buktie Limann IV and the people of Desime, Mr Adamah said the move formed part his determination to reverse the low standard of education in the constituency and to empower young people to become self-employed.
He promised he will expend part of the MPs’ share of the District Assemblies’ Common Fund (DACF) for the establishment, and called for the support of all the citizens to ensure smooth construction of the training institute.
The MP made several appeals including; the setting up of a District Hospital to serve more than 60,000 people in the locality.
He called for the upgrading of the Gwollu Area Council and also requested the Gwollu F.M station, which was shut down to be re-opened and resuscitated to help information delivery.
The Chief, Kuoro Kuri Buktie Limann IV urged state authorities to commission the District Court in order to enhance justice delivery.
The District Chief Executive for Sissala West, Mohammed Zakaria Bakor assured the chiefs and people that the Assembly would do its best to address the concerns raised.
He said the assembly was committed to passing a by-law to curb environmental degradation, especially indiscriminate felling of economic trees like Shea and others being used for charcoal.
- ‘I only met Godfred Dame to discuss Law School issues’ – Justice Dotse fights off Opuni bias claims
- Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
- I doubt impartiality of Justice Dotse; he should recuse himself – Opuni
- Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
- Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
- Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
- Renowned advertising personality, Torgbor Mensah passes on
- Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
- Madina MP leads constituents to demonstrate over deplorable roads
- Thousands throng El-Wak stadium for Ghana Immigration Service screening
Manchester Arena bomber Salman Abedi’s parents living in Libya
Samsung heir Lee Jae-yong convicted and fined on drug charges
US calls for ‘unconditional return’ to civilian rule
‘Why I returned to Boko Haram and how I escaped’
Covid-19 vaccines: Paediatricians on frontlines of child jab plan
Covid-19: Don’t worry about touching door handles – GHS
Ghana to receive over 6.4 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines at the end of 2021 – GHS
Farmer, 38 jailed 15 years for incest
We did not thumbprint one million ballots – EC
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Man sues Apple for refusing to fix his iPhone
Farmer sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for defiling two siblings at Abordom
Japan’s Princess Mako marries boyfriend Kei Komuro
Afghan baby girl sold for $500 by starving family
Agona East Assembly endorses President’s nominee