President Akufo-Addo has named Ledzokuku MP, Dr. Bernard Okoe-Boye as his Deputy Health Minister-designate.
His predecessor, Alexander Abban, has now been appointed the Deputy Communications Minister, replacing Vincent Sowah Odotei who is also the MP for La Dadekotopon.
These were contained in a release signed by Communications Director at the Presidency, Eugene Arhin, on Monday, April 6.
The statement said “President Akufo-Addo thanks Hon. Sowah Odotei for his services to the country and wishes him well in his future endeavours.”
The reshuffle is happening at a time government is strategising to combat the surge in the new coronavirus infections in the country.
Ghana currently has recorded 214 confirmed cases with five deaths while some 31 others are said to have recovered from the viral infection also known as Covid-19.
Dr. Bernard Okoe-Boye is currently the Board Chair of Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
Profile of Dr. Bernard Okoe-Boye
The 38-year-old medical doctor was elected into Parliament on the ticket of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in 2016 after he defeated the incumbent, Benita Okiti-Duah of the then governing National Democratic Congress (NDC).
Prior to his entry into Parliament, Oko-Boye was a medical officer at the Ledzokuku Krowor Municipal Assembly (LEKMA) Hospital in Accra.
Bernard Okoe-Boye is a graduate of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), where he read medicine.
He is currently the Board Chairman of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, the nation’s largest medical facility.
Oko-Boye is an old student of the Presbyterian Boys’ Secondary School (Presec-Legon) where he completed his secondary school education in the year 2000.
- Popular televangelist who discouraged vaccination dies after contracting Covid-19
- I fear for my life in the Parliamentary Chamber – Afenyo-Markin
- 2021 National Best Farmer urges youth to venture into Agriculture
- 2022 Budget: Bagbin gave up on mediation effort for fear of attacks from Kevin Taylor – Afenyo-Markin
- Overall Best Farmer in Accra Metropolis honoured with Polytank, fertilizers, insecticides, seeds
- ‘They can come anytime and ask us to leave’ – Accra’s remaining farmers battling for land
- Covid-19: Airport protocols remain unchanged, surveillance heighten – Dacosta Aboagye
- Playback: Newsfile discusses how the war on 2022 budget will end
- Government announces 50% interest rate subsidy on loans for agribusinesses
- Debate over 2022 Budget is Parliament at its best – Kofi Bentil
Jerry Detse Mensah-Pah: Promoting harmonious industrial peace – The role of government
Weekly wrap: 2022 Budget approval chaos, power crisis in Ashanti Region
Consolidate gains made in Planting for Food and Jobs – Abuakwa South MCE urges farmers
Police shoot dead one robber, 3 others arrested in Ashanti Region
Parents of alleged Michigan school shooter arrested after manhunt
Kosmos Innovation Centre launches new program with first pitch in Agritech Challenge ‘Pro’ Competition
NDC MPs making a U-turn on E-levy disgraceful – Afenyo-Markin
Take steps to provide information manuals to facilitate access to information – RTI Executive Secretary
ECG’s monthly exercise to clamp down on power theft
Livestream: Maiden MUSIGA Presidential Debate underway
Kojo Bonsu visits Akropong School for the Blind to celebrate Farmer’s Day
Bolsonaro: Brazilian Supreme Court opens investigation into vaccine comments
E-levy: This is not time for jerky manoeuvres; hold more consultations – Pianim to government
2022 Budget: Bagbin gave up on mediation effort for fear of attacks from Kevin Taylor – Afenyo-Markin
Indonesia volcano: Residents flee as Mt Semeru spews huge ash cloud