French Ligue 1 side, AS Monaco is reported to have expressed interest to sign Ghana defender Jonathan Mensah.
Monaco is believed to have joined other European clubs for the chase for the Évian Thonon Gaillard centre back.
Mensah who was superb with his play for Ghana at the just ended FIFA 2014 World Cup in Brazil has become a subject of several transfer talks with several European big clubs all expressing their desire to sign him this summer.
Sportscrusader.com can confirm that amongst all the clubs that are perusing Jonathan Mensah, Monaco looks the most likely destination considering the offer they have tabled.
“Monaco has expressed their interest and their offer looks tempting. The demand for Jonathan Mensah has gone up after the World Cup and it is most likely Évian will struggle to retain him” a source close to the defender confirmed to sportscrusader.com.
New Monaco Manager, Leonardo Jardim is believed to have sanctioned a move for the confident central defender
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- WTA gives increased protection for returning mothers on tour for 2019
- Morocco decide against 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow
- Man City forward Sterling named Premier League player of the month
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling