French Ligue 1 side, AS Monaco is reported to have expressed interest to sign Ghana defender Jonathan Mensah.
Monaco is believed to have joined other European clubs for the chase for the Évian Thonon Gaillard centre back.
Mensah who was superb with his play for Ghana at the just ended FIFA 2014 World Cup in Brazil has become a subject of several transfer talks with several European big clubs all expressing their desire to sign him this summer.
Sportscrusader.com can confirm that amongst all the clubs that are perusing Jonathan Mensah, Monaco looks the most likely destination considering the offer they have tabled.
“Monaco has expressed their interest and their offer looks tempting. The demand for Jonathan Mensah has gone up after the World Cup and it is most likely Évian will struggle to retain him” a source close to the defender confirmed to sportscrusader.com.
New Monaco Manager, Leonardo Jardim is believed to have sanctioned a move for the confident central defender
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to leave after 11 years
- Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale in first round to defend title
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble
- AFCON 2019: Why Asamoah Gyan must be sacrificed for the future
- Robben, Ribery strike in perfect farewell as Bayern seal Bundesliga title in style
- 'Bribed' referees who handled Ashgold-Kotoko clash banned temporarily
- Guardiola relaxed over UEFA probe into Manchester City
- Allegri to leave Juventus this summer
- ANALYSIS: Only these players from Ghana's 2017 AFCON team should go to Egypt. [Infographic]
- Wafu Women's Cup: Ghana fail to reach final after Nigeria defeat
- Asantehene calls for golf support
- Solskjaer will get financial backing to 'create success' at Man United
- Thomas Partey could join Inter, claims agent
- Man City referred to UEFA judicial chamber over alleged FFP breaches
- FIFA seeks a billion World Cup viewers to boost women's game