French Ligue 1 side, AS Monaco is reported to have expressed interest to sign Ghana defender Jonathan Mensah.
Monaco is believed to have joined other European clubs for the chase for the Évian Thonon Gaillard centre back.
Mensah who was superb with his play for Ghana at the just ended FIFA 2014 World Cup in Brazil has become a subject of several transfer talks with several European big clubs all expressing their desire to sign him this summer.
Sportscrusader.com can confirm that amongst all the clubs that are perusing Jonathan Mensah, Monaco looks the most likely destination considering the offer they have tabled.
“Monaco has expressed their interest and their offer looks tempting. The demand for Jonathan Mensah has gone up after the World Cup and it is most likely Évian will struggle to retain him” a source close to the defender confirmed to sportscrusader.com.
New Monaco Manager, Leonardo Jardim is believed to have sanctioned a move for the confident central defender
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Mali secure first U-20 AFCON title on penalties
- Jeffrey Schlupp scores as Palace march on in FA Cup
- Basketball Africa League: Professional competition to launch in 2020
- Afriyie Acquah scores as Empoli beat Sassuolo in Serie A
- Mission International School, Happy Days Academy dominate Joy Kids Olympics second leg
- Kevin-Prince Boateng: Barca striker burgled during La Liga debut vs Valladolid
- Sergio Ramos and his 25 Real Madrid red cards: a retrospective
- Ramos sent off as Real Madrid suffer shock home loss to Girona
- I was destined to be world champion - Commey
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Messi scores one penalty but misses another in Barca win
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey