The Black Stars have finally been handed their appearance fees of $100,000 each ahead of the final 2014 World Cup Group G match against Portugal.
As displayed in the above photo credited to Brazilian TV channel – Globo, Black Stars defender John Boye is seen kissing his appearance fee as some other officials count theirs.
As promised by President John Mahama, about $3 million was flown into Brasilia on Wednesday to pay the players in cash as they had earlier demanded.
The players had earlier threatened to boycott training sessions due to delay in the payment of the appearance fees, which was caused by the failure to get a landing permit for the chartered flight conveying the money to Brazil in time.
The arrival of the money is expected to motivate the Black Stars to earn a victory over Portugal and hope Germany will beat the USA to ensure Ghana reaches the second round of the 2014 World Cup.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe