Black Stars defender Rashid Sumaila won his first trophy with Al Qadsia after they beat Al Salmiyah 1-0 in the in the Emir Cup finals on Tuesday in Saudi.
The Ghanaian international helped his side to lift the Emir Cup trophy for a record 16 times after managing a narrow win at the Al Kuwait Sports Club Stadium.
Al Qadsia thus wins their first trophy of the season after failing to defend their League title at the end of the 2014/15 League season.
Sumaila has been instrumental for the Kuwaiti giants since joining the Club on loan from South African side Memolodi Sundowns.
The former Asante Kotoko center-back is however expected to be handed a permanent deal as his contract ends on May 31. The young defender has been neglected by the Black Stars coach Avram Grant but believes his consistent output will see him return to play for the senior national team.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race for knockout stage heats up
- Lassana Diarra's PSG contract terminated
- Gov't releases funds for completion of UG stadium
- After Champions League loss to Atletico Madrid, Juventus is on the brink
- Ronaldo: I've won five Champions Leagues, Atletico have zero
- 'Cojones' celebration came from the heart - Simeone
- Manchester City 'still not ready to fight for the latter stages' - Manager Guardiola
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus
- Late goals give Manchester City 3-2 win at Schalke
- Boateng off to China as Levante announce transfer to Dalian Yifang
- Joshua Clottey’s return after three years motivated by regaining title
- 2019 Standard Chartered Trophy launched
- Khedira out of Juve game with Atletico due to irregular heartbeat
- Mukarama receives U-17 World Cup Golden Boot and Bronze Ball
- Barcelona fail to take chances against battling Lyon