Black Stars defender Rashid Sumaila won his first trophy with Al Qadsia after they beat Al Salmiyah 1-0 in the in the Emir Cup finals on Tuesday in Saudi.
The Ghanaian international helped his side to lift the Emir Cup trophy for a record 16 times after managing a narrow win at the Al Kuwait Sports Club Stadium.
Al Qadsia thus wins their first trophy of the season after failing to defend their League title at the end of the 2014/15 League season.
Sumaila has been instrumental for the Kuwaiti giants since joining the Club on loan from South African side Memolodi Sundowns.
The former Asante Kotoko center-back is however expected to be handed a permanent deal as his contract ends on May 31. The young defender has been neglected by the Black Stars coach Avram Grant but believes his consistent output will see him return to play for the senior national team.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Monte Carlo Masters: Djokovic loses to Medvedev, Nadal into semi-finals
- #JoyFPL: Last double game week could save season
- Messi already deserves the next Ballon d'Or – Rivaldo
- AFCON 2019: Ghana's squad is 98% decided, says coach Kwesi Appiah
- 'It'll be tough but Liverpool can beat Barca' - Milner
- Ajax get Champions League boost as Eredivisie games postponed
- Superb Lacazette free-kick takes Arsenal into Europa League last four
- Chelsea hold off spirited Slavia Prague to reach Europa League semi-finals
- Monte Carlo Masters: Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal through
- Professional footballers to boycott social media for 24 hours in racism protest
- AFCON 2019: Sports Ministry denies $8m budget for Black Stars
- Son becomes top scoring Asian in Champions League history
- Football and spiritualism
- Spurs stun Man City on away goals in modern classic
- Easy Liverpool win at Porto sets up Barcelona semi-final