Relegated Techiman City midfielder Baba Mahama has fueled speculation linking him with a move to Asante Kotoko after he declared his readiness to sign for the Porcupine Warriors.
Mahama who was one of the top performers in the 2015/16 Ghana Premier League season is on the wish list of top clubs.
But it appears Kotoko may have won race as the player has showed interest in donning the red jersey.
“I am ever ready to join Asante Kotoko and play for them next season. Officials are still negotiating the deal. I’m waiting for a fruitful conclusion so I can start working for the club.’’
“For now it’s because negotiations haven’t concluded that’s why I haven’t joined the team yet.’’
“Every player making a move to a new club is aware he will face competition.”
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Kenya loses CAS appeal over Women's Nations Cup exclusion
- Nigeria still AWCON favourites, but face tougher task than normal
- Black Queens begin quest for first AWCON title on Saturday
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay