Premier league winning coach, Enos Adepa, is confident a local coach can manage the Black Stars despite contrary opinions.
Adepa led Wa All Stars to a historic league triumph in only his first season in charge of the club as they dealt with the threat of traditional giants Hearts and Kotoko as well as Aduana Stars.
Adepa joins the illustrious band of Didi Dramani in recent years to have the league title on his first attempt.
Dramani has proven his worth by leading the Black Maidens to win bronze and Adepa believes other Ghanaian coaches can excel given the Black Stars.
“I believe local coaches can manage the Black Stars but you need to be tactical.”
“ If you have these kinds of players and you stand afar, you might think managing them will be very difficult but it is not so because it is not about coaching alone but the managerial aspect is very important,” he told Asempa Sports.
“What I normally do is that, I try to get the players to play for me and win but it entails a lot but the most important thing is you being able to manage the players and I believe you will be a success.”
Adepa won the league trophy with 51 points.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco