Black Stars captain Asamoah Gyan celebrated a second trophy as he inspired Al Ahli to claim the Emirati-Moroccan Super Cup
Gyan scored a thrilling second minute goal to settle the highly competitive Super Cup match in favour of United Arab Emirates at the expense of FUS Rabat of Morocco.
The on-loan Al Ahli striker found himself unmarked in the box and converted past hapless Rabat goalkeeper to collect his second Cup after winning the Arabian Super Cup.
The goal is Gyan, who appeared to have found his mojo, fifth goal in six games since opting to leave Chinese club Shanghai SIPG on a season-long loan and he is thrilled with current form.
‘’Amazing… I have not been in my best of form but this shows how gifted i’m in front of goal. But physically I think I’m getting there and better’’ Gyan told reporters after the match.
‘’I was able to play 90 minutes for Ghana and it’s a boost for me.’’
Below is the video of the goal scored by Asamoah Gyan
فيديو الهدف الأول للأهلي عن طريق جيان pic.twitter.com/nu1bw6kpnB— Al Ahli UAE (@AlAhliUAE_Com) October 16, 2016
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash