President of Sports Writers Association of Ghana, Kwabena Yeboah will be very surprise if All Stars fail to win the Ghana Premier League for the first time this season.
History beckons for the Northern Blues in today’s title decider clash with Aduana Stars at the WA park. A win will all but end their long wait for the league trophy.
All Stars and Aduana are tied on points, 48, but the latter are currently top of the table on goal difference. The league, however, is decided by head to head rule.
The ace broadcaster, who has been impressed with the performance exhibited by the club will relish All Stars win.
“I have personally being impressed with Wa All Stars. I had the privilege to watch them and I personally think they are the best side in the country now.’’ He told Asempa FM.
“I watch them against Hearts of Oak at the Accra Sports Stadium and they were absolutely brilliant. I am not surprise they are on the verge of winning the league. I will be extremely surprise if they do not win the win league title because I personally think it’s a done deal for Wa All Stars and I don’t think any team can stand them.’’
“Aduana Stars have not done badly, Kotoko had every opportunity to win the league but they unfortunately dropped points to New Edubiase, Bechem United, Aduana Stars and Berekum Chelsea and when you drop points on your home turf then you are crashing your chances of winning the league.”
“Wa All Stars have been very strong at home and it will be very difficult to recognize the team that was able to beat Wa All Stars at their home grounds so they are very strong at home and even away from home, they have been able to win some of their away matches so I think Wa All Stars are going to win the league and again if you contextualize our league, you have seen Berekum Chelsea winning the league, Adunana Stars winning the league title so it will not come as a major surprise if Wa All Stars win the league.”
“I don’t know if I should conclude that it is good for football because the duopoly of Hearts of Oak and Kotoko have been shuttered completely and to large extend, it makes the league more exciting, unpredictable and I think it is that element of unpredictability that makes football exciting”
“I think it good for our football that Wa All Stars will win the league and let hope and pray that the other teams are going to take inspiration from these unfashionable teams winning the league and I know they will put also put in greater effort in winning the league.”
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations