Ghana have dropped heavily in the latest FIFA ranking released on Thursday, September 15th.
The Black Stars have paid for their inability to pick maximum points against Rwanda in the final Africa cup of nations qualifier as well as friendly defeat at Russia by dropping eight places from 35th to 43rd.
The drop came with a 91-point decrease in the nation’s points accumulation.
Ghana is now fifth in the African rankings after Cote d’Ivoire-1st (34th in the world on 752 points), Algeria-2nd (34th in the world with 749 points), Senegal-3rd (39th in the world with 684 points), Tunisia-4th (42nd in the world with 662 points)
Ghana’s 2018 world cup qualifying opponents Egypt are ranked 7th in Africa and 53rd in the world, Congo are 8th in Africa and 54th in the world as well as Uganda who are five places below top 10 and 65th in the world.
Argentina still occupy the first position in the world, followed by Belgium.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- U-17 WWC: Two straight wins for Ghana after hard-fought Finland victory
- Former 'Black Queens' players lead 2018 TOTAL AWCON Trophy tour in Accra
- Asante Kotoko policy analyst counts benefits of Soccerex exhibition
- Kenya loses CAS appeal over Women's Nations Cup exclusion
- Nigeria still AWCON favourites, but face tougher task than normal
- Black Queens begin quest for first AWCON title on Saturday
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021