Bechem United coach Manuel Zacharias has expressed delight after guiding Bechem United to win this year’s MTN FA Cup.
Bechem United emerged winners of this year’s competition after defeating lower division side Okwahu United 2-1 at the Cape Coast Stadium on Sunday.
This is the first time the Brong Ahafo side have won a major trophy and Portuguese trainer Manuel Zacharias who masterminded that is happy.
“I am very happy. When we came I saw that the pitch was excellent and I knew my players can play on a good pitch so I told them to give in their all,” he said.
“It is a good win for us and I am very happy to lead Bechem United to win the trophy for the first time.”
Bechem United will thus represent Ghana in next year’s CAF Confederations Cup.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash