Spanish giants FC Barcelona are reportedly willing to offer one of their unwanted to stars to Arsenal so that Mesut Ozil can to join them in January.
Gunners manager Arsene Wenger told members of the media that the Germany international would not leave in the upcoming window, “unless something unbelievable happens”.
According to the Daily Star, the Blaugrana are open to letting Turkey star Arda Turan move to the Emirates in a part exchange.
The former Atletico Madrid has failed to cement a place at the Nou Camp and been told by coach Ernesto Valverde he does not figure in his plans.
Ozil wants a new £350 000 (R6.49 million) a week contract from the London side but is unlikely to get it in this current situation.
Both players are not happy with their current positions, and this could mean that some sort of a deal could be done in the coming weeks.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco
- La Liga: Real Madrid beat Celta to narrow Barca lead
- Copa Libertadores final: River Plate earn draw at Boca Juniors in thrilling first leg
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana beat South Africa in final warm-up game
- Inter Allies mar Hearts of Oak birthday to win Anniversary Cup
- Man City claim deserved derby victory over Man Utd
- Mkhitaryan rescues Arsenal against Wolves