The national Skate Soccer team, Rolling Rockets will face Nigeria’s Kano Pillars in the return match of the International Unity Skate Soccer on Saturday, December 9 at the Lagos State Stadium, Nigeria. The first leg ended 3-2 in favour of Ghana and the noisy neighbours are poised to beat their rivals.
The encounter promises to be exciting and highly charged with both teams gearing up to display a splendid performance with incredible skills, talents and dexterity using homemade skateboards on the field to the viewers and supporters.
The match is under the auspices of the International Federation of Skate Soccer (IFSS), an NGO committed to the development of the physically challenged members of the society (particularly polio victims) through sports in collaboration with Binatone.
The IFSS, a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is also committed to the development of the physically challenged especially polio victims, through sports in Africa.
To the IFSS, the ultimate goal of the NGO was to support these physically challenged individuals to play the game at the highest level and participate in the Paralympics and that they would institute a Global Polio Fund, which would cater for polio victims in Africa and the other parts of the World.
Early this year, Ghana beat Togo 5-1 in an international friendly match played at the Accra Sports Stadium.
Other fixtures would see Ghana take on Niger in Accra before hosting Ivory Coast, and Burkina Faso next year.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations
- Uganda reach second straight Nations Cup
- AFCON 2019: Morocco and Mali qualify for Cameroon
- Photos: Prez Akufo-Addo surprises Black Stars in camp ahead of Ethiopia clash