Michel Salgado knows talent when he sees it.
Of course he does, especially after playing for Real Madrid 254 times over a trophy-laden 10 year period.
Salgado was in Ghana over the weekend to run the rule over the next generation of players who are angling to represent Ghana at the U13 Dubai InterContinental Football Cup next year.
Lizzy Academy, the eventual winners, would compete with big teams across the globe like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Celta Vigo, Liverpool, AC Milan, as well as teams from Asia, North Africa and South America.
A total of 8 teams took part in the tournament with the objective of securing the sole ticket to represent Ghana at the global event in Dubai in February 2018.
The event was put together by rising sports entertainment outfit Centa14 Sports and Entertainment Limited.
The seven players were pencilled down by Salgado to take part in various tournaments in Europe and Asia. Whereas some of the players are being recommended to his hometown club, Celta Vigo, he is keen on keeping some of them in his academy in Dubai as well.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AWCON 2018: Four key players to watch
- U-17 WWC: Two straight wins for Ghana after hard-fought Finland victory
- Former 'Black Queens' players lead 2018 TOTAL AWCON Trophy tour in Accra
- Asante Kotoko policy analyst counts benefits of Soccerex exhibition
- Kenya loses CAS appeal over Women's Nations Cup exclusion
- Nigeria still AWCON favourites, but face tougher task than normal
- Black Queens begin quest for first AWCON title on Saturday
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss