The Wimbledon Men’s draw has pitted reigning champion Andy Murray and French Open champion Rafa Nadal in the same side of the draw.
The All England club broadcast the draw via a live radio feed on Friday morning, with Nadal joining Murray in the top half of the draw and Roger Federer alongside Novak Djokovic in the bottom half.
The top-seeded Scot will start his title defence against either a qualifier or a lucky loser, setting up a possible all-British opener against Alex Ward on Monday.
Murray was knocked out of the semi-finals of the French Open in Paris by Stan Wawrinka earlier this month and lost his only tour outing since that match to lowly-ranked Australian Jordan Thompson on the grasscourts of Queen's Club.
And despite having withdrawn twice from exhibition matches in London this week because of a hip problem, the world number one is expected to be begin the defence of his crown on Centre Court on Monday July 3.
A projected quarter-final draw is as follows:
Roger Federer begins his bid for an eighth title against Alexandr Dolgopolov, while Nadal will open against John Millman and second seed Novak Djokovic starts against Martin Klizan.
Djokovic, whose form has been patchy for much of 2017, could face a resurgent Juan Martin del Potro in the third round, who reached the semi-final stage back in 2013.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Black Queens begin quest for first AWCON title on Saturday
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis