Vodafone Ghana’s Enterprise unit is headlining this year’s Sam Jonah Golf Cup which begins this weekend at the Tema Country Club.
The two-day golf tourney is expected to pitch together the alumni of two of the nation’s oldest schools – Mfantsipim and Adisadel College – in a very keenly competitive event.
The additional highlight of this year’s contest will be the determination of Adisadel College to overcome an embarrassing loss suffered at the hands of Mfantsipim in last year’s competition.
Vodafone’s association with this tournament is part of a commitment to support the promotion of golf and to also use the platform togenerate visibility and garner value for its brand.
Commenting on the sponsorship, Angela Mensah-Poku, Director of Vodafone Business Solutions said:
“This is certainly in line with our capabilities as an innovative brand. A very progressive company like ours constantly seeks avenues to generate an enhanced brand experience for our customers whilst building lasting relationships as we interact in an informal setting.”
The competition is in its fourth year, having started in 2014 in a fiercely fought battle that was eventually won by Mfantsipim. Notable among the golfers to grace the course this weekend will be Prince Kofi Amoabeng, Sam Jonah, Albert Brock, Eric Addo-Mensah and Oko Allotey representing Adisadel College and Smyly Bannerman, Ernie Asimenu, Michael Parker, Isaac Simpson and Olu Sawyer for Mfantsipim.
The doubles will kickstart the event on Saturday July 1, 2017 whilst the doubles will take center stage on Sunday.
There will be some attractive prizes at stake including the grand trophy donated by Sir Sam Jonah.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations