Nigeria came back from 2-0 down to claim a sensational 4-2 friendly win over Argentina at the Krasnodar Stadium in Russia on Tuesday evening.
The pre-match headlines were dominated by Lionel Messi’s absence after the Barcelona frontman was granted a rest by manager Jorge Sampaoli and returned to his club.
That did not stop the South American giants from escaping severe scrutiny, according to Argentine journalist Sam Kelly. Speaking on Joy News Prime on Tuesday evening, he said: "We cannot escape the fact that Sampaoli and his team were poor".
Kelly was the guest of Joy Sports' Gary Al-Smith as they analysed the game after full time. Questions asked from viewers, and answered by Kelly, included:
* Why Argentina lost
* The Messi vs Dybala problem and
* What Jorge Sampaoli must fix, now.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy
- Sterling negative press coverage 'emboldens racist rhetoric' - PFA
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks
- Has Dogboe fought too many times in 2018? No, he hasn't
- River Plate fight back to win Copa Libertadores in Madrid
- Raheem Sterling: Man City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Isaac Dogboe loses WBO world super bantamweight title to Emanuel Navarrete
- Chelsea inflict first defeat of season on Man City
- Arsenal need Torreira stunner to overcome Huddersfield
- Man Utd end winless run by sweeping aside Fulham