Two rivals in the sports fraternity were united at the one-week celebration of ace broadcaster, Kwadwo Asare Baffuor Acheampong also known as KABA.
President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Kwesi Nyantakyi and his avowed critic, Patrick Osei Agyemang commonly known as Countryman Songo embraced and danced to demonstrate their unity to the excitement of the crowd at the one-week celebration of the late presenter.
This comes after President of the GFA launched a $2m libel suit against Multimedia Group Limited (MGL) for allegedly being described on its platforms as the ‘head of a mafia’.
Nyantakyi, who is also Vice President of Confederation of African Football (CAF), sued two of its journalists, Patrick Osei Agyeman and Kofi Asare Brako also known as Abatay (who now works with Atinka FM) for consistently defaming him for years on the Multimedia Group owned radio station Asempa FM.
Nyantakyi claimed Asempa FM – a local-language FM station owned by MGL – tarnished his image in a series of broadcasts involving both journalists.
But the neutrality and professionalism of KABA though no more was able to unite these two who had vowed never to see eye-to-eye.
Mr Nyantakyi after expressing his condolence to the late KABA’s family and the Multimedia Group also donated ¢2000 and 20 boxes of bottled water to support the funeral of the late Asempa FM presenter.
The families of KABA and those of Valentina are here with a unity of purpose - to give a befitting one week to the departed soul of the once bubbly broadcaster.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco
- La Liga: Real Madrid beat Celta to narrow Barca lead
- Copa Libertadores final: River Plate earn draw at Boca Juniors in thrilling first leg
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana beat South Africa in final warm-up game
- Inter Allies mar Hearts of Oak birthday to win Anniversary Cup
- Man City claim deserved derby victory over Man Utd
- Mkhitaryan rescues Arsenal against Wolves
- Messi returns but Barca beaten at home by rampant Betis
- McDan Group takes boxing to Tamale
- Liverpool make hard work of victory over struggling Fulham
- Host Ghana name final squad for 2018 AWCON