Chelsea manager Antonio Conte was ordered from the touchline as his side overcame struggling Swansea City at Stamford Bridge thanks to Antonio Rudiger's first Premier League goal.
Conte spent the whole of the second half watching from the stands after disputing referee Neil Swarbrick's decision not to award a corner when the game was goalless.
Chelsea dominated but had to wait until the 55th minute to find the breakthrough, Germany defender Rudiger heading home after N'Golo Kante's shot was deflected into his path.
Swansea did not have a shot on target as they fell to a fifth defeat in six Premier League games.
Chelsea remain third in the table while Swansea stay 19th, three points from safety, after a ninth league defeat in 14 games this season.
Conte loses his cool
It was a difficult night for Chelsea until Rudiger's goal and that manifested itself in Conte's frustration boiling over when he argued with the match officials shortly before the interval.
The Italian was unhappy his side had not been awarded a 43rd-minute corner after a low cross by Pedro deflected off Swansea defender Alfie Mawson and behind.
Swarbrick instead gave a goal kick and that upset the animated Conte, who had seen his side carve out chance after chance without punishing Swansea.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Mohamed Salah named BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd 'far' from being built in my image
- Active football in Ghana to resume next month
- Coca-Cola Minigolf League: Six clubs set for finals
- Eunice Beckmann to hold charity event for street kids in Accra
- Full list of revised shortlists for 2018 CAF Awards
- Partey fails to make Caf 10-man shortlist for Footballer of the Year award
- Egypt FA in U-turn over 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- WTA gives increased protection for returning mothers on tour for 2019
- Morocco decide against 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow
- Man City forward Sterling named Premier League player of the month
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi