Ayitey Powers is very excited his nemesis Brimah Kamoko, popularly known as Bukom Banku, has finally tasted defeat.
Banku, the self-acclaimed African Mayweather, saw his undefeated record end on Saturday night at the Bukom Boxing Arena as he suffered a humiliating defeat to Bastie ‘the Beast’ Samir.
In a non-title cruiserweight bout dubbed ‘’Make or Break’’, Banku was left sprawling and had to be floored thrice until the referee stopped the fight in the seventh round.
And according to Powers, the defeat will make Banku humble.
“If I tell you I’m not happy of Bukom Banku’s loss, then I’m a liar. Despite my defeat to him, I’m very happy. Through this loss, he will humble himself, he will know how to talk to human beings, he will know how to behave,” he said.
Powers noted that Banku has an air of arrogance because of his previously unbeaten record. In boxing, fighters must be respectful to everybody, Powers said.
“Bukom Banku likes beating people. He also does things haphazardly. God wants to let him know that ‘juju’ can’t do nothing”, he stated.
Ayitey Powers was thoroughly beaten by Banku in 2014.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash