Bastie Samir is 31 years old and was born on May 19, 1986. Bastie is nicknamed “The Beast” He has an impressive record of knocking out all his opponents in his 15 bouts.
He won the African Amateur Championships in the welterweight division in May 2007 He represented Ghana and won silver at the 2007 All-Africa Games boxing welterweight division He qualified for the Olympics 2008 in the light-heavyweight division.
He relocated to the US in 2008 and won many professional bouts there.
Some of the opponents he has beaten are Mavin Blair, Jacob Alvarez, Joseph Dunn, Damon Reed, Billy Cunningham, and Greg Hacket His 6th round split draw with Lester Gonzalez in April 2011 is the only blemish on his record.
In 2016, Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions signed Bastie Samir and his junior brother Issa Samir.
In October 2017, he knocked out famed Ghanaian boxer, Braimah Kamoko, popularly known as Bukom Banku in a much-anticipated bout.
Samir, an undefeated former captain of Ghana’s amateur boxing team ended Bukom Banku’s 28-0-0 unbeaten record on the exciting boxing night that drew thousands of enthusiasts including former boxing champions, Ike Quartey and Azumah Nelson.
Ahead of the much-anticipated bout, Bukom Banku vowed to knock Bastie out in the 6th round, and said he was going to force him into a coma on the night, but that was not meant to be.
Bastie knocked out Banku in style at the BUKOM ARENA before thousands of boxing fans.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash