New Ghana coach Kwasi Appiah arrived in Ghana on Friday afternoon to a rousing welcome ahead of his unveiling next week.
Among the hundreds of jubilant supporters who were at the airport to welcome him were Ibrahim Saani Daara, GFA spokesperson, local coaches and football administrators.
Speaking to the media at the at the Kotoka International Airport, the 56- year old said he was pleasantly surprised at the numbers that besieged the airport to welcome him.
"I really appreciate everyone who came to welcome me, you spent your time and money to come here, i really appreciate that," he said
"I always believe the voice of the people is the voice of God and will take this opportunity to thank the president of the nation, the GFA and every Ghanaian for giving me the second chance to coach the national team.
"I will do the best that i can but i can never do it without your help, i will need the prayers and support of every Ghanaian to make our Black Stars great again.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco