Chelsea have noted their readiness to allow Newcastle United sign Ghana winger Christian Atsu on a permanent basis after an impressive loan deal.
According to reports in the UK, Chelsea have told the newly promoted side to facilitate the process of extending Atsu's stay at the club.
The Blues want a £6.5million deal done within a week after the end of the season.
Chelsea have barely used Atsu in his four years on the books at Stamford Bridge, and are unsurprisingly prepared to finally cut their ties with him in this summer’s transfer window.
Atsu joined the Premier League leaders from Porto but has been loaned out an incredible five times, struggling to impress at the top level in any of those stints.
The winger enjoyed a good spell with the Magpies helping them gain promotion to the Premier League.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco
- La Liga: Real Madrid beat Celta to narrow Barca lead
- Copa Libertadores final: River Plate earn draw at Boca Juniors in thrilling first leg
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana beat South Africa in final warm-up game
- Inter Allies mar Hearts of Oak birthday to win Anniversary Cup
- Man City claim deserved derby victory over Man Utd
- Mkhitaryan rescues Arsenal against Wolves