Dutch born defender of Ghanaian descent, Timothy Fosu-Mensah has joined Crystal Palace FC a one-year loan deal from Manchester United.
The 19 year old defender will wear the number 24 shirt, and is another signing who can player a number of positions across the defensive and midfield lines.
Fosu-Mensah has featured 21 times for United including a clean sheet at Old Trafford against Palace on the final day of the 2016/17 season, and has represented Netherlands at youth, U21 and a call up to the senior squad.
The new loan signing said of the move: “The manager spoke to me about coming down to join Crystal Palace and it was clear that he wanted me to be part of his squad which as a player gives you a great feeling straight away. I must now repay that back by putting in some good performances for the club.
“I am only 19 years old and still have a lot to learn and therefore getting the opportunity to play more games on a regular basis will help my development."
Frank de Boer was delighted to be reunited with his fellow former Ajax man Fosu-Mensa. “Timothy is a player who has great pace and incredible physical ability. In today’s game you need players with strength and speed and is a player who can also play in midfield.
“I am seeing him in our system as a right centre back but he can also play full back in a 4-3-3.”
Having played at under-15, under-16, under-17 and under-19 level for the Netherlands, Fosu-Mensah was rewarded for his performances for Manchester United with his first call-up to the senior team for friendlies against the Republic of Ireland, Poland and Austria.
He is also eligible to play for Ghana as he qualifies through his parents.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy
- Sterling negative press coverage 'emboldens racist rhetoric' - PFA
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks
- Has Dogboe fought too many times in 2018? No, he hasn't
- River Plate fight back to win Copa Libertadores in Madrid
- Raheem Sterling: Man City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Isaac Dogboe loses WBO world super bantamweight title to Emanuel Navarrete
- Chelsea inflict first defeat of season on Man City
- Arsenal need Torreira stunner to overcome Huddersfield
- Man Utd end winless run by sweeping aside Fulham