The sixth round matches of the ongoing Bajfreight Tema Junior Tennis League ended this weekend at the Sakumono Tennis Club house with the exhibition of rare tennis by juvenile players from Sakumono, Ashaiman and Tema.
The enthusiastic players participated in round-robin competitions in under-16, u-14, u-12, u-10 and u-8 for both boys and girls.
Sakumono’s Samuel Nyamekye became the toast for the spectators after defeating Gabriel Obimpeh in a single set 6-1 in the boy’s 16 and under division.
Nyamekye proved too strong for his opponent with powerful serves and good ground strokes throughout the match as opponent, Obimpeh struggled to find answers to his skillful display.
Another exciting game was the boys’ 14 and under as Desmond Ayaaba showed another spectacular performances to beat Yakubu lea 6-3.
ITF/CAT West and Central Africa Championship gold medalist Amos Asante also continue his dominance in the Boys under 12 event after ousting Kwasi Frimpong 4-2.David Pepprah and Isaac Akuoku won the Boys and under 10 and 8 category.
In the ladies categories Pricilla Dosoo came first in the girl’s 16 and under Lawrencia Mainoo won the girl’s 14 and under Vanessa Akuoku and Doris Adzokatse won the girl’s 12, and 10 respectively.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations