Legendary Ghanaian boxer Azumah Nelson knows his son can emulate him by becoming a world champion in future.
Azumah Nelson Junior, an amateur boxer, has started showing signs of greatness and has the backing of his father to be successful.
Last weekend Nelson Junior failed to thrill fans at the Bukom Boxing Arena when he took to the ring in the Azumah Nelson fight night. He struggled to defeat his opponent Prosper Dzidzor.
However, his father is optimistic about his chances in the near future.
“He is an amateur boxer making his way to the top but because he is my son people are expecting from him but I believe in two years’ time, you will see him and realize that he is different. He is master of his own”.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
“He is very young and had more year ahead, he is a wonderful boxer and I believe he will be a World Champion soon.
“We have several talented boxers in the country and my son is no exception. He is in school now and that is good for him.
“I really see him to be a great boxer even more than what I did.”
For the youngster, he is looking forward to ‘’surpassing’’ his father, who won dominated the sport, winning three world titles.
“Hope you know my Dad, I have everything he had. I am just like him. My Dad trains me.’’
“My target is to do better than what he did, I want to surpass his feat and become multiple World Champion and I know is going to hard work.”
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy