Former Chelsea star Michael Essien is willing to continue his career in Indonesia for Persib Bandung.
Essien is not in a haste to leave Persib amid reports linking him with a move back to Europe after meeting the wild expectation of fans.
The 34-year-old joined the Indonesian giants in a bumper deal in March this year on a one-year contract and after a stuttering start, he has established himself as a key player for the side.
And according to Michael Essien’s agent Amougou Mathie "If the contract is extended he is ready. He likes to play with all his strengths, he's never lazy and show a lot of commitment. He still wants to help the team by playing and supporting.’’
"The people have been friendly and polite and he has never had a problem with his neighbours. He is closer to Persib players and that important to him."
Essien has scored three goals in 18 appearances for Persib, who are 10 points adrift of the top.
The Ghanaian super star recently signed an endorsement deal worth $500, 000 to be the face of German sportswear giants Adidas in the Asian country.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco