Four-time Olympic cycling champion Laura Kenny has given birth to her first child.
She announced the arrival of Albert Louie Kenny on Instagram, with a photo of her alongside husband Jason - a six-time Olympic gold medalist.
She said he was born late on Wednesday, a week over his due date.
"Welcome to the world little Albert Louie Kenny. 23/08/17 8lb 12.5oz 22.44. You kept us waiting a week but it was all worth it," she wrote.
The 25-year-old, whose hometown is Cheshunt in Hertfordshire, retained the team pursuit and women's omnium titles in Rio that she won at London 2012.
She has already declared her intention to compete at a third Olympic Games in Tokyo in 2020 but has said she will not rush back to the sport.
Jason has seven Olympic track sprint medals to his name - including six golds - making him the holder of the most titles for a Briton alongside former team-mate Sir Chris Hoy.
The relationship between the pair began during the build-up to the London 2012 Olympic Games and they married in Cheshire in September.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Raheem Sterling: Man City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Isaac Dogboe loses WBO world super bantamweight title to Emanuel Navarrete
- Chelsea inflict first defeat of season on Man City
- Arsenal need Torreira stunner to overcome Huddersfield
- Man Utd end winless run by sweeping aside Fulham
- Salah scores hat-trick as Liverpool thrash Bournemouth
- Wilder v Fury II: WBC sanctions 'direct' rematch
- Isaac Dogboe- Africa's first boxing Pay-per-view star?
- Manchester United: Fred must wait until team 'better balanced' - Mourinho
- Copa Libertadores final: Boca Juniors v River Plate in Madrid 'embarrassing'
- Frank Acheampong revels in Tianjin Teda relegation escape
- MLS clubs will sign more young players from Africa- US Club Soccer chief Payne
- Columbus Crew star Afful confident former coach Berhalter can make USMNT sparkle again
- Normalisation Committee denies resumption of Ghana Premier League in January