In line with GTF's strategy to foresee a renaissance of Ghana tennis, MCDAN group is sponsoring 21 players made up of U12, U14 and U18 boys to a high performance training and competition at Winneba Sports college from 4th to the 13th of August 2017.
Four seasoned coaches led by celebrated tennis coach, Noah Bagerbaseh will be in charge of this program.
In an interview with Dr Daniel Mckorley, he said his vision was to get Ghana tennis to the good old days where players were ranked in the top 300 in the world.
‘’We need to invest in the youth now and that is why in addition to this training, I will be organising the first ever MCDAN national Junior Championship from the 21st to 26th of August 2017 for U12, U14, U16 boys and girls, he reiterated.’’
This training will also serve as a preparation for the national U12 boys team as they represent West Africa in the Africa Junior Teams competition from 9th to 17th of September in Morocco.
The firstt batch of players n coach left for Winneba this morning to commence the 10 day high performance training.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco