The Super Eagles of Nigeria have been drawn for the fifth time against Argentina, 1998 bronze medal winners Croatia and debutantes Iceland in Group D of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.
The draw was held at the Kremlin Palace here in Moscow, Russia on Friday.
According to the draw which was conducted by legends like Diego Maradona, Cafu, Carles Puyol, Gordon Banks and Diego Forlan, the Super Eagles will open their account against Croatia, while Argentina will do battle with Iceland.
Africa’s other representatives Egypt are in Group A with hosts Russia, Saudi Arabia and Uruguay.
Senegal are in Group H with Poland, Colombia and Japan, while Morocco are in Group B with Spain, Portugal and Iran, while Tunisia are in Group G with Belgium, England and debutantes Panama.
The opening game of the 2018 World Cup is between hosts Russia and Saudi Arabia.
The 2018 FIFA World Cup will run from 14 June to 15 July in 11 host cities.
2018 World Cup Groups:
Group A: Russia, Uruguay, Egypt, Saudi Arabia
Group B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco
Group C: France, Peru, Denmark, Australia
Group D: Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria
Group E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia
Group F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea
Group G: Belgium, England, Tunisia, Panama
Group H: Poland, Colombia, Senegal, Japan
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations
- Uganda reach second straight Nations Cup
- AFCON 2019: Morocco and Mali qualify for Cameroon
- Photos: Prez Akufo-Addo surprises Black Stars in camp ahead of Ethiopia clash