Black Stars striker Richmond Boakye-Yiadom has opened the door to a possible reunion with Antonio Conte at Premier League champions Chelsea.
The 24-year-old striker played under the Blues boss at Italian giants Juventus and wants to link up with his old manager in London.
Conte asked Chelsea scouts to watch Boakye in Red Star’s recent visit to Arsenal in the UEFA Europa League last month, sparking rumours that a move to Stamford Bridge is on the cards.
"If Antonio Conte wants to sign me then I would be delighted to play for him once again,” Boakye told TMW.
"He wanted to sign me, and he brought me to Juventus. To my mind, he is a great manager, and I will always be grateful to him.
"I remember going out on loan to Elche in Spain, as there was no space for me in the Juventus first team.
"He rang me to give me a morale boost and remind me of my qualities. For a lad of 19 that was a real pleasure.
"There are lots of rumours about my future at the moment. But nothing is definite until I sign a contract."
He has netted 37 goals for Red Star this year.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Nigeria still AWCON favourites, but face tougher task than normal
- Black Queens begin quest for first AWCON title on Saturday
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition