Spanish giants FC Barcelona are reportedly willing to offer one of their unwanted to stars to Arsenal so that Mesut Ozil can to join them in January.
Gunners manager Arsene Wenger told members of the media that the Germany international would not leave in the upcoming window, “unless something unbelievable happens”.
According to the Daily Star, the Blaugrana are open to letting Turkey star Arda Turan move to the Emirates in a part exchange.
The former Atletico Madrid has failed to cement a place at the Nou Camp and been told by coach Ernesto Valverde he does not figure in his plans.
Ozil wants a new £350 000 (R6.49 million) a week contract from the London side but is unlikely to get it in this current situation.
Both players are not happy with their current positions, and this could mean that some sort of a deal could be done in the coming weeks.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations