The national Skate Soccer team, Rolling Rockets will face Nigeria’s Kano Pillars in the return match of the International Unity Skate Soccer on Saturday, December 9 at the Lagos State Stadium, Nigeria. The first leg ended 3-2 in favour of Ghana and the noisy neighbours are poised to beat their rivals.
The encounter promises to be exciting and highly charged with both teams gearing up to display a splendid performance with incredible skills, talents and dexterity using homemade skateboards on the field to the viewers and supporters.
The match is under the auspices of the International Federation of Skate Soccer (IFSS), an NGO committed to the development of the physically challenged members of the society (particularly polio victims) through sports in collaboration with Binatone.
The IFSS, a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is also committed to the development of the physically challenged especially polio victims, through sports in Africa.
To the IFSS, the ultimate goal of the NGO was to support these physically challenged individuals to play the game at the highest level and participate in the Paralympics and that they would institute a Global Polio Fund, which would cater for polio victims in Africa and the other parts of the World.
Early this year, Ghana beat Togo 5-1 in an international friendly match played at the Accra Sports Stadium.
Other fixtures would see Ghana take on Niger in Accra before hosting Ivory Coast, and Burkina Faso next year.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco