Manchester City's David Silva is a doubt for Sunday's derby with Manchester United in the Premier League.
Manager Pep Guardiola confirmed he had an unspecified complaint during his Champions League press conference game against Ukranian side Shakhtar Donetsk. He said, " Kevin De Bruyne is suspended tomorrow and Silva has a little problem and I don't know whether he will recover on Sunday"
The Spaniard's absence would be a blow to Guardiola, as he is one of the coach's most creative assets.
Silva has recently penned down a new one year contarct to tie him down to the club until 2020.
Silva is invaluable to the Sky Blues for his ability to pull the strings in midfield and unlock defences with a neat flick or perfectly threaded through ball, but if there's one squad that could compensate for the loss of a player of his quality, it's City's.
With the likes of Kevin De Bruyne Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sane in their ranks, the side can still cause their opponents plenty of problems, while Bernardo Silva who arrived in the summer from Monaco but has only started three Premier League matches—is also waiting in the wings.
Nevertheless, with City fighting on multiple fronts, having their best players fit is important, even with the depth available to Guardiola.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations
- Uganda reach second straight Nations Cup
- AFCON 2019: Morocco and Mali qualify for Cameroon
- Photos: Prez Akufo-Addo surprises Black Stars in camp ahead of Ethiopia clash
- AWCON 2018: Four key players to watch
- U-17 WWC: Two straight wins for Ghana after hard-fought Finland victory
- Former 'Black Queens' players lead 2018 TOTAL AWCON Trophy tour in Accra
- Asante Kotoko policy analyst counts benefits of Soccerex exhibition
- Kenya loses CAS appeal over Women's Nations Cup exclusion
- Nigeria still AWCON favourites, but face tougher task than normal
- Black Queens begin quest for first AWCON title on Saturday