Michel Salgado knows talent when he sees it.
Of course he does, especially after playing for Real Madrid 254 times over a trophy-laden 10 year period.
Salgado was in Ghana over the weekend to run the rule over the next generation of players who are angling to represent Ghana at the U13 Dubai InterContinental Football Cup next year.
Lizzy Academy, the eventual winners, would compete with big teams across the globe like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Celta Vigo, Liverpool, AC Milan, as well as teams from Asia, North Africa and South America.
A total of 8 teams took part in the tournament with the objective of securing the sole ticket to represent Ghana at the global event in Dubai in February 2018.
The event was put together by rising sports entertainment outfit Centa14 Sports and Entertainment Limited.
The seven players were pencilled down by Salgado to take part in various tournaments in Europe and Asia. Whereas some of the players are being recommended to his hometown club, Celta Vigo, he is keen on keeping some of them in his academy in Dubai as well.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations