Former Barcelona, AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil star Ronaldinho is considering retiring from professional football in 2018.
The 37-year-old has spent the last two years without a club since leaving Fluminense and has said he will focus on non-footballing interests should he decide to call time on a career that began with Gremio in 1998.
“There is this chance, I think I’m saying goodbye to football next year, officially,” Ronaldinho said at a news conference.
“I might play some farewell games for the teams I’ve played for, it’s something we’ll have to think about sometime soon.
“Once I’m retiring from football, then I’m moving forward on my musical projects, my football schools. It’s something new for me, I’ll have to adapt.”
Ronaldinho won the World Cup with Brazil in 2002, the Champions League and two La Liga titles with Barcelona and Serie A with AC Milan.
He also won the FIFA World Player of the Year in 2004 and 2005 and the Ballon d’Or in 2005.
Earlier this year he became an ambassador for Barcelona.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Raheem Sterling: Man City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Isaac Dogboe loses WBO world super bantamweight title to Emanuel Navarrete
- Chelsea inflict first defeat of season on Man City
- Arsenal need Torreira stunner to overcome Huddersfield
- Man Utd end winless run by sweeping aside Fulham
- Salah scores hat-trick as Liverpool thrash Bournemouth
- Wilder v Fury II: WBC sanctions 'direct' rematch
- Isaac Dogboe- Africa's first boxing Pay-per-view star?
- Manchester United: Fred must wait until team 'better balanced' - Mourinho
- Copa Libertadores final: Boca Juniors v River Plate in Madrid 'embarrassing'
- Frank Acheampong revels in Tianjin Teda relegation escape
- MLS clubs will sign more young players from Africa- US Club Soccer chief Payne
- Columbus Crew star Afful confident former coach Berhalter can make USMNT sparkle again
- Normalisation Committee denies resumption of Ghana Premier League in January