Less than a week after the tragic accident at Nkawkaw involving the team bus, Coach Steven Polack has thankfully taken his first few steps at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH), where he’s been on admission since Thursday.
The coach, with the help of crutches, moved around the award with under the careful watch of five medical personnel at the hospital. His movement or walking albeit with crutches, comes as good news especially after his successful surgery on Friday.
On Sunday, in a telephone conversation, Coach Polack told Asantekotokosc.com that, he’s faring well. “I got no broken bones. The only problem is my knee. I got the same operation 25 years ago so I know what it’s all about. By God’s grace I’m getting so well”.
“I’m not getting any pain from anywhere. I’m not getting any pain from the ankles. I’m well. Like I said, it’s very big thanks from the bottom of my heart to everybody. I thank everybody” said Polack.
Midfielder, Ollennu Ashitey who was on admission 24hours after last Wednesday’s team bus accident at Nkawkaw has been discharged from the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH).
He was the only the player admitted by medics for close observation as doctors wanted to spend a little more time on his situation. He therefore spent the weekend at the teaching hospital but on Monday, the former Hearts of Oak player was released to go home after significant improvement on his condition.
Head of Communication, Obed Acheampong, who first broke the news to Asantekotokosc.com indicated that, Kotoko medics and their colleagues at KATH were largely satisfied with the progress the midfielder has made since the tragic incident occurred.
Meanwhile, the bus driver, Joseph Nana Berchie, and Coach Steven Polack are faring well according to information received. Asantekotokosc.com understands that, Coach Polack could be discharged from KATH either in the middle or by the close of the week.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy
- Sterling negative press coverage 'emboldens racist rhetoric' - PFA
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks
- Has Dogboe fought too many times in 2018? No, he hasn't
- River Plate fight back to win Copa Libertadores in Madrid
- Raheem Sterling: Man City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Isaac Dogboe loses WBO world super bantamweight title to Emanuel Navarrete
- Chelsea inflict first defeat of season on Man City
- Arsenal need Torreira stunner to overcome Huddersfield
- Man Utd end winless run by sweeping aside Fulham
- Salah scores hat-trick as Liverpool thrash Bournemouth
- Wilder v Fury II: WBC sanctions 'direct' rematch