Kumasi Asante Kotoko and Accra Hearts of Oak will clash for the third time in a third different competition at the Baba Yara Stadium for the annual President's Cup match.
The two sides have met twice already this season with the Phobians having an upperhand beating Kotpoko on both occasions. Hearts beat the Porcupine Warriors 1-0 in the Ghana Premier League before thrashing them 3-1 in the Ghana @ 60 game.
The President Cup match is played to commemorate Ghana’s republic day celebrations which will have the President in attendance.
With the introduction of this game, Hearts and Kotoko will face each other five times this season with return legs in the Ghana Premier League and Ghana @60 match yet to be played.
Hearts and Kotoko have won between them 44 league titles since the inception of Ghana’s Premier competition.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- AWCON 2018: Four key players to watch
- U-17 WWC: Two straight wins for Ghana after hard-fought Finland victory
- Former 'Black Queens' players lead 2018 TOTAL AWCON Trophy tour in Accra
- Asante Kotoko policy analyst counts benefits of Soccerex exhibition
- Kenya loses CAS appeal over Women's Nations Cup exclusion
- Nigeria still AWCON favourites, but face tougher task than normal
- Black Queens begin quest for first AWCON title on Saturday
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start