Hearts of Oak restored some measure of pride after a mauling at the hands of WAFA as they chalked up their sixth home league victory with a 4-0 thumping of Bolga All Stars on Friday
The players gave their unhappy, fans, following the shocking 5-0 defeat in Sogakope last weekend, something to cheer about.
The Phobians having been humiliated by the Academy boys needed to win and they did in style by beating the bottom club by four unanswered goals.
Frank Nuttall’s men produced a strong showing on their return to the Accra Sports Stadium to compound the problems of a Bolga All Stars team who are likely to be relegated at the end of the season.
It was definitely a stroll in the park for Hearts who had striker Kwame Kizito and defender Vincent Atingah scoring a brace each, much to the delight of fans.
Kizito opened the scoring in the 24th minute when he headed home Malik Akowuah’s cross into the area.
Defender Vincent Atinga added the second at the death of half time as he converted a spot kick, his third penalty goal this season.
Kizito completed his brace with a delightful effort on 47 minutes before Atingah grabbed his four minutes later.
Hearts remain third following the results, six points adrift leaders WAFA who were held to a pulsating goalless draw by Liberty Professionals in Dansoman.
Inter Allies and Ebusua Dwarfs returned to the win column at the expense of Elmina Sharks and Bechem United respectively.
Defending champions WA All Stars demolished Berekum Chelsea in WA and AshantiGold shocked Medeama 0-1 in Tarkwa.
Great Olympics will take on Tema Youth on Saturday with the top-liner of week 19 between Aduana Stars and Asante Kotoko scheduled for Monday.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco
- La Liga: Real Madrid beat Celta to narrow Barca lead
- Copa Libertadores final: River Plate earn draw at Boca Juniors in thrilling first leg
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana beat South Africa in final warm-up game
- Inter Allies mar Hearts of Oak birthday to win Anniversary Cup
- Man City claim deserved derby victory over Man Utd
- Mkhitaryan rescues Arsenal against Wolves