The Black Stars have lined up an international friendly against Mexico to be played on June 28 at Houston's NRG Stadium in Texas, USA.
The Federación Mexicana de Fútbol (FMF), Soccer United Marketing (SUM), Lone Star Sports & Entertainment and the Houston Dynamo today announced that Mexico will play Ghana on Wednesday, June 28 (7:30 p.m. CT), at Houston’s NRG Stadium, presented by AT&T.
The game takes place just days prior to Mexico’s participation in the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup, the official national team competition in the region.
Tickets to the Houston match will go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, March 29 at 10 a.m. local time via Ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000.
The game is part of the landmark 15th annual Mexican National Team U.S. Tour, which kicked off on Feb. 8 in Las Vegas in a 1-0 win against Iceland in front of a record-breaking audience for soccer in the city. Mexico will also play in Los Angeles on May 27 versus Croatia, and June 1 in the New York/New Jersey metropolitan area against Ireland.
Mexico has defeated Ghana in two all-time meetings (2006 and 2008). The 2006 game, played at FC Dallas’ Toyota Stadium, saw Guillermo Franco score the game’s only goal with a 75th minute header.
Mexican National Team legend Pável Pardo was the hero of the 2008 game, scoring the winning goal - a penalty - in the 85th minute to give Mexico a 2-1 win, in a match played in England.
Mexico has played at NRG Stadium (formerly named Reliant Stadium) 15 times, resulting in seven wins, six draws, and just two losses.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco