This year's Nhyira FM 's annual fitness walk that took place during over weekend in Kumasi saw an overwhelming patronage which was including local fans of some major European clubs.
The AC Milan, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea supporters in their numbers wearing replica jerseys of their teams.
The Nhyira Health Walk, the biggest fitness event in Ashanti Region is aimed at bringing participants together to exercise and also to share tips on healthy life style.
As early as 6 am, the crowd was already milling at the Heroes Park of the Baba Yara Sports Stadium.
The participants after 75 minute walk through major parts of the Ashanti regional capital township of Asokwa, Nhyiaeso and Adum returned to the Baba Yara Sports Stadium for some aerobic.
The enthusiastic participants who participated appealed to the management of the station to make it a monthly event in order for them to get healthier.
The Nhyira Health Walk is quarterly event to promote public health through physical activity among residents of Kumasi and and its environs.
Below are some poictures from the event:
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Mohamed Salah named BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd 'far' from being built in my image
- Active football in Ghana to resume next month
- Coca-Cola Minigolf League: Six clubs set for finals
- Eunice Beckmann to hold charity event for street kids in Accra
- Full list of revised shortlists for 2018 CAF Awards
- Partey fails to make Caf 10-man shortlist for Footballer of the Year award
- Egypt FA in U-turn over 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- WTA gives increased protection for returning mothers on tour for 2019
- Morocco decide against 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow
- Man City forward Sterling named Premier League player of the month
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi