Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been dropped for disciplinary reasons.
The 28-year-old will not be considered for his club's next Bundesliga fixture against VfB Stuttgart on Friday.
Dortmund announced the suspension in response to a supporter's question on Twitter but did not elaborate on the reasons behind it.
The Gabon international was also suspended by his club last year for an unsanctioned trip to Italy.
It comes after Dortmund have lost three of their past four league games to drop to third place in the Bundesliga, six points off leaders Bayern Munich.
They host Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Aubameyang, who was linked with summer moves to Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris St-Germain, was absent from a video tweeted by the club showing the squad as they arrived at the airport to fly to Stuttgart.
He started this season by scoring 15 goals in his first 12 matches, including two Bundesliga hat-tricks.
But he has since gone 476 minutes without scoring.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations