Undefeated Ghanaian boxer, Isaac “Royal Storm" Dogboe, has vowed to stop Mexican Cesar Juarez as they battle for the WBO Interim Super Bantamweight title at the Bukom Boxing Arena on January 6 next year.
Speaking at a press conference on Monday, Dogboe popularly called “Royal Storm” described the bout as "David and Goliath” affair, referring his opponent as Goliath.
Dogboe (17-0, 11 KOs), who was full of confidence, noted that, he would stop the Mexican in the fight tagged as the “battle of the Gold Coast” adding that, he was ready to prove himself on the day against an experienced Juarez, who has fight record stands at 20-5, 15 KOs.
The 23-year-old boxer said “my opponent has lost five times in his career and I’ll increase it to six on January 6 and nothing is stopping me from doing that.
“This is a matter of a David and Goliath affair in the ring and I am ready for the challenge. I don't care about what Juarez camp thinks of me but I will prove my worth on the night to the people of Mexico.
“I can't miss an opportunity of this nature because I have been waiting for this throughout my career. This is the time to send a signal to the entire world about Ghana's prowess in boxing,” Dogboe said.
When asked whether he was under pressure to deliver the title, he said “I’m not under pressure to deliver. I believe in myself and I know I’ll emerge victorious that day. I believe in my father’s strategy and on that day, we will conquer”.
He noted that, though his opponent is a good boxer on paper, he will knock him out that day to prove my worth. “He is a dangerous boxer and we want to fight the best to prove we are the best.”
Dogboe’s father, who is also the coach Paul Dogboe, described his boxer as a disciplined fighter and that, with his intensive training for the upcoming bout, he believes that Dogboe would clinch the title.
The Public Relations Officer of the Ministry of Youth and Sports, Elvis Baah, assured of the Ministry’s support for the bout.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy
- Sterling negative press coverage 'emboldens racist rhetoric' - PFA
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks
- Has Dogboe fought too many times in 2018? No, he hasn't
- River Plate fight back to win Copa Libertadores in Madrid
- Raheem Sterling: Man City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Isaac Dogboe loses WBO world super bantamweight title to Emanuel Navarrete
- Chelsea inflict first defeat of season on Man City
- Arsenal need Torreira stunner to overcome Huddersfield
- Man Utd end winless run by sweeping aside Fulham