Two rivals in the sports fraternity were united at the one-week celebration of ace broadcaster, Kwadwo Asare Baffuor Acheampong also known as KABA.
President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Kwesi Nyantakyi and his avowed critic, Patrick Osei Agyemang commonly known as Countryman Songo embraced and danced to demonstrate their unity to the excitement of the crowd at the one-week celebration of the late presenter.
This comes after President of the GFA launched a $2m libel suit against Multimedia Group Limited (MGL) for allegedly being described on its platforms as the ‘head of a mafia’.
Nyantakyi, who is also Vice President of Confederation of African Football (CAF), sued two of its journalists, Patrick Osei Agyeman and Kofi Asare Brako also known as Abatay (who now works with Atinka FM) for consistently defaming him for years on the Multimedia Group owned radio station Asempa FM.
Nyantakyi claimed Asempa FM – a local-language FM station owned by MGL – tarnished his image in a series of broadcasts involving both journalists.
But the neutrality and professionalism of KABA though no more was able to unite these two who had vowed never to see eye-to-eye.
Mr Nyantakyi after expressing his condolence to the late KABA’s family and the Multimedia Group also donated ¢2000 and 20 boxes of bottled water to support the funeral of the late Asempa FM presenter.
The families of KABA and those of Valentina are here with a unity of purpose - to give a befitting one week to the departed soul of the once bubbly broadcaster.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations
- Uganda reach second straight Nations Cup
- AFCON 2019: Morocco and Mali qualify for Cameroon
- Photos: Prez Akufo-Addo surprises Black Stars in camp ahead of Ethiopia clash