Charles Kwablan Akonnor has confirmed he has left his post as manager of newly promoted Ghana premier league side Dreams FC.
According to Akonnor, he is not interested in coaching the Dawu-based side again after spending the second round of last season on loan at Ashgold. The 43-year old helped the Miners avoid relegation.
‘’Well, I’ve had discussions with Dreams, specifically Kurt Okraku, who is the board director, and we’ve been open about discussions and the fact is I’m not coming back to Dreams as a coach.’’ He told Joy Sports.
I’m not going to be a coach which he [Kurt] is also aware of. If I may, then in a different capacity.’’
The ex-Ghana captain has returned from a trip abroad where he went for a knowledge-sharing trip to some top clubs.
Akonnor was at his former club Wolfsburg in Germany, Tottenham Hotspur and Glasgow Celtic where he interacted with managers Mauricio Pochetino and Brendan Rodgers.
In an exclusive interview with Joy Sports, Akonnor said he feels revitalized and can't wait to put everything he has learnt into practice.
''All of the experience I had during this trip, I think it was all important, it was all helpful.
It was a very positive experience. I believe that it will help me grow as a coach, open my mind in terms of understanding the game and so it has all been very beneficial.''
He added ''Within the three teams that I visited, the infrastructure was almost similar, maybe one was a little bit improved than the others but it was broad, it was clear. They all have the same ideology.''
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco