Cristiano Ronaldo's good looks are finally immortalized with a bust that actually looks like him.
The new bust was revealed Saturday at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in Madrid, Spain. Ronaldo and his fans can rest easy knowing that this handsome bronze figure, made by famous Spanish sculptor Jose Antonio Navarro Arteaga, will forever uphold Ronaldo's beauty.
It shows a more striking likeness of Ronaldo with naturalistic eyes dreamily looking into the distance, thick arched brows, a beauty mark resting above lifelike curved lips and perfectly coiffed hair, among other details.
The first try at capturing his face was a "total bust" when Portuguese artist Emanuel Santos designed a sculpture of Ronaldo's head to commemorate an airport being renamed after him. Being honored as the namesake of the new Cristiano Ronaldo International Airport came with a statue that looked nothing like the soccer god.
The original bust, which is still at the airport in Portugal, has an awkward grin with unlevel eyes, faint and indistinct eyebrows and unevenly plump cheeks.
Some social media users said the bust looked more like other athletes, obscure art and the character Sloth from the film "The Goonies." It was like something from a horror movie, one football podcast joked on Twitter.
New horror movie trope: Ronaldo's bronze face. pic.twitter.com/MKrumgHdLv— The Football Ramble (@FootballRamble) March 29, 2017
About time someone made a proper Cristiano bust 😄👍🏻 pic.twitter.com/9m5aSnrWjp— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cr7Prince4ever) November 26, 2017
— RM_DNA (@officialrm_dna) November 27, 2017
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Raheem Sterling: Man City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Isaac Dogboe loses WBO world super bantamweight title to Emanuel Navarrete
- Chelsea inflict first defeat of season on Man City
- Arsenal need Torreira stunner to overcome Huddersfield
- Man Utd end winless run by sweeping aside Fulham
- Salah scores hat-trick as Liverpool thrash Bournemouth
- Wilder v Fury II: WBC sanctions 'direct' rematch
- Isaac Dogboe- Africa's first boxing Pay-per-view star?
- Manchester United: Fred must wait until team 'better balanced' - Mourinho
- Copa Libertadores final: Boca Juniors v River Plate in Madrid 'embarrassing'
- Frank Acheampong revels in Tianjin Teda relegation escape
- MLS clubs will sign more young players from Africa- US Club Soccer chief Payne
- Columbus Crew star Afful confident former coach Berhalter can make USMNT sparkle again
- Normalisation Committee denies resumption of Ghana Premier League in January