Raheem Sterling curled in a last-minute goal to give Manchester City victory over Southampton and extend their Premier League winning run to 12 games.
Mo Salah came off the bench to score twice and secure an ultimately comfortable victory for Liverpool over Stoke that moves Jurgen Klopp's side up to fifth.
Senegal winger Sadio Mane gave the Reds a controversial early lead, dinking the ball into the net after a marginal linesman's call.
Stoke believed Liverpool keeper Simon Mignolet should have been sent off for a challenge just outside the box on their striker Mame Biram Diouf and Mark Hughes' side applied pressure after the break.
Elsewhere, Mesut Ozil inspired Arsenal to a dominant victory over Huddersfield as the Gunners maintained their perfect home record in the Premier League this season.
The midfielder, back in the side after recovering from injury, scored one goal and provided two assists as the hosts made it seven wins from seven at the Emirates.
Also, Wayne Rooney scored a stunning goal from his own half to complete a hat-trick as Everton thrashed West Ham in front of incoming manager Sam Allardyce and Bournemouth lost 2-1 at home to Burnley.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco