LeBron James was ejected from a game for the first time in his NBA career during a 108-97 win for his Cleveland Cavaliers against the Miami Heat.
James was shown the exit in the third quarter after arguing with referee Kane Fitzgerald at not being awarded a foul on a drive to the basket.
"I got fouled," said James. "I showed my frustration to the ref and he sent me to the locker room."
It is the first time James has been ejected in 1,082 regular-season games.
"I said what I had to say and I moved on but [Fitzgerald] decided I should get two [technical fouls]," added James.
"It is what it is. We got the win and that's the most important."
The four-time Most Valuable Player award winner scored 21 points with 12 rebounds, six assists and five steals before being ejected with one minute 59 seconds left in the third quarter - the Cavs were leading 93-70 at the time.
Last season's Finals runners-up have now won nine games in a row and sit third in the Eastern Conference with a 14-7 win-loss record.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- U-17 WWC: Two straight wins for Ghana after hard-fought Finland victory
- Former 'Black Queens' players lead 2018 TOTAL AWCON Trophy tour in Accra
- Asante Kotoko policy analyst counts benefits of Soccerex exhibition
- Kenya loses CAS appeal over Women's Nations Cup exclusion
- Nigeria still AWCON favourites, but face tougher task than normal
- Black Queens begin quest for first AWCON title on Saturday
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021