Former Black Queens captain Adjoa Bayor has made a passionate appeal to Corporate Ghana to invest in the National Women’s League.
According to the former African best, the ‘’one sponsor’’ is not enough for the clubs and wants more on board.
“One major problem facing the Women’s League in this country is the lack of sponsorship.'' She said in an interview with Asempa FM
“For now I think they are, improving, they are doing well, but they haven’t reached their full potential yet”.
“I believe they can do better. I would also like to use this opportunity to plead with corporate bodies to come on board and sponsor the Women’s league in Ghana”.
“As I speak to you now, I only know of one sponsor who is sponsoring the Ghana Women’s League and then another one sponsoring the FA Cup. They are trying but it is not enough so we need more sponsors to make the women’s league more attractive than it is now”.
“I believe this will also help the league to be strong and the players themselves wouldn’t rush to play abroad when they get the slightest opportunity. This will only happen if they are well taken care of”.
Ampem Darkoa Ladies are the current champions, beating Lady Strikers 1-0 in the final last week.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco
- La Liga: Real Madrid beat Celta to narrow Barca lead
- Copa Libertadores final: River Plate earn draw at Boca Juniors in thrilling first leg
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana beat South Africa in final warm-up game
- Inter Allies mar Hearts of Oak birthday to win Anniversary Cup
- Man City claim deserved derby victory over Man Utd
- Mkhitaryan rescues Arsenal against Wolves