The ‘Make or Break’ fight between Brimah ‘Bukom Banku’ Kamoko and Bastie Samir, now seems inevitable after several postponements.
As part of activities preceding the mega bout on Saturday, October 21 at the Bukom Boxing Arena, the two boxers had separate turns in a public workout.
The two undefeated heavyweight boxers all look ready to take on each other in the mega bout, after their public drills by their trainers, at the Boxing Arena in Bukom, with both pugilists adopting different methods in their crafts and preparations for the bout.
Bastie, with 16 undefeated professional fights was first to train in front of his charged fans, who sang throughout the session. Looking rather confident, Bastie sung along to American singer R Kelly’s ‘sign of a victory’ song as he made his entry into the emporium.
Led by his veteran trainer and AIBA Instructor, Ofori Asare, Bastie was taken through various drills lasting 45 minutes. Coach Ofori helped his athlete, who had support from five other boxers from his gym to take him through a warm-up followed by shadow boxing, sparring and a go at the punching bag.
Coach Ofori said after the workout that, his boxer was very well prepared and that they are aware of the threat of his opponent.
“He has worked very hard because he knows what he is looking for. And there is no turning back he has to go forward for this. Many people don’t believe him because they don’t know him but he will explode on Saturday. We are ready for Banku. We are not preparing for a knockout but if the opportunity comes we will take it,” a confident looking Asare noted.
Banku took his turn with a flamboyant entry, led by a large entourage, portraying him as a traditional king. As the hundreds of fans hailed him he could not hold it but to entertain them with his usual dancing moves.
Banku’s trainer, Biney Geoffrey, took his boxer through a 30 minute tough drill, including shadow boxing, working on the punching and speed bags. Nonetheless Banku, a heavyweight fighter, visibly looked to have lost some amount of weight to make the cruiserweight.
His trainer Geoffrey explained that his boxer’s has been able to lose some weight within a short time, which shows his professionalism and willingness to fight.
“It is all about hard work and dedication and the desire to fight. Bukom wants to fight, he has the passion and he is a professional. We are hundred and ten percent ready. Our fans should expect nothing but victory,” Geoffrey insisted confidently.
Banku is undefeated in 29 fights with 22 knockouts, whilst Bastie, a former captain of Ghana’s amateur team has 15 Knockouts and 1 draw from 16 fights.
The 12 round non-title cruiserweight championship dream fight themed ‘Make or Break,’ is expected to make the boxers richer by GH¢100,000.00 each.
The bout, which starts from 19:00 hours GMT on Saturday night, is being promoted by Box Office Promotion.
Watch Bukom Banku and Bastie Samir workout as seen on Joy News
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- Photos: Prez Akufo-Addo surprises Black Stars in camp ahead of Ethiopia clash
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- AWCON 2018: Four key players to watch
- U-17 WWC: Two straight wins for Ghana after hard-fought Finland victory
- Former 'Black Queens' players lead 2018 TOTAL AWCON Trophy tour in Accra
- Asante Kotoko policy analyst counts benefits of Soccerex exhibition
- Kenya loses CAS appeal over Women's Nations Cup exclusion
- Nigeria still AWCON favourites, but face tougher task than normal
- Black Queens begin quest for first AWCON title on Saturday
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars